2019 NCDA Summer Meeting Information
Save the date!
2019 NCDA Summer Meeting
July 26-28 @ Hilton Head Marriott Resort
Hilton Head Island, SC
- Online Registration - Early-bird registration discounts end July 1.
- Download the Registration Brochure
- Accommodations: Reserve your hotel room online, or call the Hilton Head Marriott Resort at 888-511-5086. Rates are $309 including resort fee, plus destination fee and taxes, per night. The hotel deadline is June 25.
- CME Credit Statement: The Southern Regional AHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Exhibiting Opportunities: Please help ensure a successful meeting by sharing the Exhibitor Prospectus with the product and service representatives who call on your practice.
- Questions? Contact Nancy Lowe, email@example.com, or 919-865-5245.
2019 NCDA Annual Meeting Wrap-Up
The North Carolina Dermatology Association held its 2019 Annual Meeting at the historic Pinehurst Resort over the weekend of January 11-13. One hundred sixteen providers attended, along with 45 exhibiting organizations supporting the meeting. Topics presented included private equity in dermatology, diet and supplements in dermatology, hair loss and skin of color updates, and the use of teledermatology.
Residents from UNC, Wake Forest and Campbell/Sampson Regional presented in a paper competition; Dr. Heather Holahan (UNC) was declared the winner of the paper competition with her talk on "Health-Related Quality of Life in Patients with Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma." Additionally, four medical students and one resident participated in a poster competition. First prize went to student Kristen Fajgenbaum (UNC) and second prize went to resident Dr. Diana Norton (Duke). Dr. Dirk Elston, editor of the JAAD, presented a free educational lunch session for residents and medical students on Saturday.
At the Annual Business Meeting, outgoing Immediate Past President Dr. Kevin Stein (Winston-Salem) was recognized for his years of service on the NCDA Executive Committee. Members elected Dr. Dan Zedek (Wilmington) to serve as NCDA President, Dr. Willie Huang (Winston-Salem) to President-Elect and Dr. Sarah Cash (Arden) to Secretary-Treasurer. Outgoing President Dr. Donna Culton (Chapel Hill) will continue to serve on the Executive Committee for the coming year as Immediate Past President.
NCDA Recognized by AADA with Model State Award
The NCDA is proud to announce that we brought home some exciting new hardware from the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. The NCDA was recognized by the Academy with the 2017 Model State Award. Model State Award recipients receive a development grant from the Academy. In order to qualify for the Model State Award, societies must meet the specified core criteria in addition to several operational criteria, such as involvement in legislative and regulatory advocacy, member engagement and educational initiatives.
As the state's only professional association dedicated to representing our specialty and promoting excellence in patient care, our number one goal is to support dermatologists and dermatology physician assistants in North Carolina, which we do through education, communications, advocacy and professional relations. In 2017, we presented two excellent educational conferences, provided ongoing public education about the dangers of UV exposure, engaged in payer issues, raised charitable funds and awareness for Victory Junction, and hosted another successful Annual Skin Cancer Screening at the Legislature with the support of volunteers from across the state.
The NCDA appreciates this special recognition, which is thanks to the strong support and participation of our NCDA members. Thank you for supporting the NCDA!
NCDA | PO Box 27167 | Raleigh, NC 27611 | Phn: (919) 833-3836 | Fax: (919) 833-2023 | Email